A Fatherís Commitment
Even though we may be swamped in a great flood of humanism, God has promised to raise His standard high (Isa. 59:19). As we allow the Word and Christís power to work in our lives, He will use us to raise that standard.
Let us re-dedicate ourselves to the Lord Jesus Christ with the following commitments:
1. I will assume the primary responsibility of teaching my children basic principles, godly character, Scriptural convictions, wise standards, and practical skills.
2. I will accept responsibility for the spiritual direction of the members of my family by being an example of the spiritual maturity that I desire to see in them.
3. I will re-arrange my priorities in order to meet the needs of my wife and children.
4. I will apply Godís principles of finances so that my family and I can experience financial freedom.
5. I will maintain open communication with my parents and parents-in-law and provide opportunities for them to reinforce our teaching of the children.
6. I will engraft Romans 6 and 8 into my soul, meditate on it as I go to sleep at night, and instantly use it to identify with Christís victory and resurrection power whenever I am tempted.
7. I will learn to recognize the basic needs of my wife and avoid those things which will damage the spirit of our marriage.
8. I will maintain communication with each of my children and make sure that each one has adequate training and counsel for the decisions which they will be called upon to make.
God has promised that if His people humble themselves, pray, seek His face, and turn from their wicked ways, He will forgive their sin and heal their land (2 Chr. 7:14).
Ė Reprinted from Message of the Cross.