International Day Of Prayer For The Persecuted Church -- November 4, 2001
To Help You Pray on Behalf of the Persecuted Church
* Thank God for those standing true to God and His Word, though it brings them reproach, deprivation or even death (1 Peter 4:12-14).
* Thank God that His grace can so abound to them, that they are able to suffer the loss of all things, even of their lives, with peace and joy, and with love and prayers for their persecutors (Rom. 12:14).
* Pray that their ringing testimony will deeply affect persecutors and will cause some to put their trust in this God whom Christians serve with such devotion. Pray that converted persecutors will be Christians who love much because they have been forgiven much.
* Pray for young prisoners whose faith has not had time to mature, that they will be enabled to trust Christ and not succumb to inner questions and tauntings of Satan about what is befalling them (1 Cor. 10:13).
* Pray for prisoners so tortured and drugged that they can hardly think or pray, that they will be able to recall memorized Scriptures and songs, to help them keep their faith and their sanity. Pray they will be able to get Bibles and Christian literature (John 14:25).
* Pray for the families of the imprisoned and the martyrs, that Godís grace will likewise abound to them, enabling them not to be embittered by near starvation, being evicted from homes, etc., and that God will provide for their every need (Phil. 4:19).
* Pray that Christian leaders of the persecuted Church will be strong to comfort, encourage and nourish the suffering ones.
* Pray for congregations whose leaders have been imprisoned, that they will not fear and despair, but be enabled of God to continue on in faith and to gather and encourage one another as much as possible.
* Pray that God will raise up Christian men of godly wisdom able to confront in love those who promote anti-Christ and anti-Christian propaganda and who incite persecution (Luke 21:15).
* Pray for government leaders in nations where persecution is rife, that they will work to reverse anti-Christian laws and see to it that freedom is guaranteed.
* Pray that we Christians of the free world who have neglected to pray for and help our persecuted brothers and sisters in Christ will repent and will take them on our hearts anew, remembering that we are members one of another in the Body of Christ, and should care for one another; when one member suffers, all the members suffer with it (1 Cor. 12:12-13, 25-26).