An Evening Questionnaire
John Fletcher was a man of God, and was known until the day of his death as the “Sainted Fletcher.” We will do well as Christians to profit by his evening questionnaire:
* Did I awake spiritual, and was I watchful in keeping my mind from wandering this morning?
* Have I this day got nearer to God in prayer, or have I given way to a lazy, idle spirit?
* Has my faith been weakened by unwatchfulness, or quickened by diligence?
* Have I walked by faith, and seen God in all things?
* Have I made the most of my time as far as I had light, strength and opportunity?
* Have I denied myself in all unkind words and thoughts? Have I been delighted at seeing others preferred?
* What have I done this day—for the souls and bodies of God’s dear saints?
* Have I laid out anything to please myself, when I might have saved the money for the cause of God?
* Do my life and conversation adorn the Gospel of Jesus Christ?